President Trump in a message obtained by bluebloodz.com from social media platform twitter said that Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle must pay for their own security if they move to the U.S.
The president tweeted on Sunday in response to reports that the prince and his wife had moved to Los Angeles. He started by saying he is a “great friend and admirer” of the queen and the United Kingdom.
It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada,” he posted. “Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”
However, a representative for Harry and Meghan spoke out following Trump’s comment and said, “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the US government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have already been made.”
Harry and Meghan already lost their status of being “internationally protected”. Had they remained part of the British royal family, they would have been entitled to protection from armed US Secret Service agents during their stay in America.
It was reported that Harry would have to make a request to the State Department for US-funded protection, but the decision ultimately rested with President Trump.
Trump’s refusal to pay for protection for Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, comes just weeks after Harry who is close to former president Barack Obama was apparently caught on tape accusing the president of having “blood on his hands.” while Meghan has previously called Trump “divisive” and said she would not live in the US while he was president, although this situation has obviously changed.