Pumpkin Muffin is an everyday delight due to the fact that pumpkin contains well known vitamins – vitamin A and C, and each of these Vitamins have important roles they play in the body.
Vitamin A is perfect for the eyes as it helps to slow down and prevent macular degeneration & cataracts , while Vitamin C helps to hoist your immune system I.e increase immunity.
Pumpkins have an abundance of the following required body nutrient:
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar (265 grams)
- 1 cup blended pumpkin paste
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- ¼ cup olive oil (50 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (fluffed and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Note : before you start preparations, ensure you slightly grease the pan you intend to use .
- Pre- heat the oven to 350 °F
- Lightly grease your desired number of muffin cups.
- Use a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, pumpkin paste, buttermilk, oil, and eggs
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger,
- Continue to stir until all are properly mixed. [ don’t overmix ]
- Gently pour in the mixture into the already greased muffin cups
- Bake for 17-22 minutes
- Place a toothpick at the middle of the mixture in the oven until comes out clean. This shows its fully baked.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Pumpkin Muffins can be Served with your favourite beverage.