A microwave is a kitchen appliance used to heat up meals after they must have gone cold or frozen.
Most times, users of such appliance can forget to clean, and this helps bacteria to build up, and thus leaving behind strong indoor environmental smell.
Although cleaning depends on the frequency of use, Cleaning it once a week or immediately after use can help keep the bacteria away while still maintaining its working efficiency.
Scientific Studies have shown that both E. coli and Salmonella can survive comfortably inside the microwave because they serve as Microbial hotspots.
Cleaning Equipment Required
- New clean Sponge
- Dish towel
- Lemon juice,
- Unplug your microwave from the socket
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with just one of the following ; lemon juice, vinegar, or dish soap water
- Microwave for 5 minutes. [ This helps to remove grease and hard stains from food particles ].
- Wipe the inside of the microwave with a towel,
- Leave the door open to allow natural air dry the inside.
Removal Of Cockroach Infestation
If your microwave appliance has been ambushed or invaded by cockroaches it is vital to take immediate but careful steps to get rid of them to avoid health problems and possible future damage to your microwave.
- Get a disinfectant cleaning agent that contains bleach from a local store
- Spray the inside of the microwave thoroughly,
- Allow the bleaching agent to stay in the microwave for about 10 minutes.
- Get an insecticide or pest control solution.
- Spray the solution heavily into the microwave.
- Take the microwave outdoors and allow the solution to stay in for about an one hour
- Wipe off or kill any cockroaches that appear,
- Spray the microwave with a cleaning solution and let it sit for another one hour.
- Wipe the microwave clean
- Place a cup of dry wine for a day [ roaches will die if they drink this]
- Also Lemon peels can be placed inside the microwave as its a great cockroach repellant.
Note : You can also wipe the microwave clean with lemon water. Dry and put it back in the house.
Smell Removal in Microwave and Fridge
To extinguish smells in both your microwave and fridge, baking soda is a perfect helping hand. All you need do is ;
- Place an open bowl of baking soda in the fridge or microwave
- Leave it in there for 24 to 72 hrs.
Hope this article was helpful. Have any other effective methods ??? Feedbacks are welcomed. Thank you for Reading