A bra is a piece of undergarment that is worn by women to support the breast. 80-85% of women in the world, still wear the wrong bra size
The sizes of bra is categorized into two;
- The band size (30,32,34)
- The cup size (A, B, C, D).
Professional recomendation is recquired when choosing the “cup size D“, or larger sizes particularly when continous adjustment is needed, and in situation where an individual experiences severe weight gain or loss.
TYPES OF BRA
- CONVERTIBLE BRA ; This type of bra have straps that are detachable at one end . Its often used to wear assymetrical tops, and it is versatile, and thus used as a travel bra.
- PUSH- UP BRA ; consist of cups with various pads that help to push the breast either inward, or upwards to optimize cleavage, and increase breast size.
- PADDED BRA ; just as the name implies, it has padding added to the inside of the cups to give definition and add size to uneven breast.
SIMPLE BRA TEST
You can test wether a bra is too tight fitted, or loose. This is done by referring the bra on your torso so that the cups are in the back, and then check for fit and comfort, or better still, choose a band size that fit using the outermost set of hooks.
Our choice of bra can either enhance the size of our breast, aid breastfeeding (in the case of lactating mothers), And increase support of the breast. Whatever the choice, bra come in different styles such as:
- Racer back
- Demi cup
Because bras are undergarment, they are subjected to changes. This changes maybe due to :
- Breast implant
- Estrogen mimicking
- High birth control usage.
PEOPLE AND THEIR BRA OPINION
There is a popular saying that “what is good for the goose might not be good for the gander” , And yet another wise saying that “we all look but see differently”. Below are the opinions of a few individuals on Bra.
- Susan brownmiller in her book “feminity (1984)” , took the opinion that ” women without Bra shock and anger men”. This is because men “implicitly think that they own breasts, and they only should remove bras.
- Geer’s bork the female enuch (1970) pointed out how restrictive & uncomfortable bra could be. She wrote ;
” Bras are a ludicrous invention”, but if you make bralessness a rule, you are subjecting yourself to yet another repression.
While other opinionist think its : used to indoctrinate girls into thinking about their breast as sexual objects, and to accentuate their sexuality.
Now you know better, do not forget to LIKE, SHARE, & COMMENT