The Senior Staff Association Of Nigerian Universities ( SSANU ), non Academic Staff Union Of Universities ( NASU ) ,& The National Association Of Academic Technologist ( NAAT ), have declared an indefinite strike starting on Monday September 11th.
The chairman Joint Action Committee of the Associations who also doubles as president of SSANU Samson Ugwoke announced the commencement of the strike action at a press conference in Abuja yesterday September 6 2017.
ISSUES IN CONTENTION
- Non Payment of earned allowances
- Lack of Good Governance
- Poor Funding as against UNESCO recommendation
- Inadequate Infrastructures in Universities & abandoned projects
- Shortfall in Payment of salaries
- Non Registration of NUPEMCO
- Non Implementation of CONTISS 14 & 15 for Technologist.