The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Professor Akin Abayomi, has retracted his statement on the cause of death of a 32-year-old man who was amongst the Nigerians evacuated from Dubai last Wednesday.
On Tuesday, Professor Abayomi via his Facebook page, announced the death of a 32-year-old man and said he died from COVID-19 related complications.
Unfortunately, another #COVID19 infection related death involving 32year old, male has been recorded.
The deceased recently returned from Dubai with severe underlying health condition following evacuation of Nigerians in foreign countries by presidential task force on #COVID19.”he wrote on his Facebook page yesterday
He has now retracted his statement in a post shared on his Facebook page this afternoon, May 13.
Professor Abayomi said the result of the COVID-19 test for the deceased is yet to be received.
”The death of a recent Dubai returnee previously announced on my social media handles earlier was a presumed #COVID19 related death.
The result of the confirmation test for #COVID19 status is still being awaited. I regret any misinterpretation this post might have caused.
The result of #COVID19 test conducted will be published once it is ready. Thanks for your understanding.” the post read