There are various reasons why people indulge in alcohol- To drown their sorrows and find solace at the bottom of the bottle, To celebrate a happy occasion with the bubbly goodness of champagne, To stave off social anxiety when placed in an uncomfortable situation, among so many other reasons.
When so much can go wrong with drinking, a set of ground rules might help you avoid disastrous effects.
- Salt. Tequila. Lime… In that order.
- If you plan on a full day of drinking, do not take shots at brunch.
- Buying someone a drink is 5x better than a handshake.
- Drinking alone is allowed
- If someone is carrying three or more drinks, he or she always has the right of way.
- Drinking games are always allowed and highly encouraged.
- Extracting secrets from a friend by getting them drunk is forbidden.
- If you bring alcohol to a party, you have to drink it or leave it.
- Additionally, if someone offers to buy you a drink, upgrading is not allowed.
- Appreciate a killer hangover. Drinking like a champion is not easy.
- Talk half as much as you listen.
- If you can’t afford to tip a bartender, drink at home.
- Try at least one new beer (or drink) a month.
- If your friend buys the first round, you buy the second. Continue the back-and-forth from there.
- If you bring a bottle to a guest’s house, either finish the bottle, or it becomes a part of your friend’s liquor cabinet.
- If you buy the round, you have earned the right and responsibility of making a toast.
- Never say no to a free drink.
- Blaming it on the alcohol is not an excuse.
- The shot buyer always makes the toast.
- The bartender is always right.
- Bringing a flask to a bar is fair game, but don’t get caught.
- Never finish your last drink.
- Respect the Rules of drinking.
Thank you for reading!! Do not Forget to Share.