The Nigeria Air Force has announced that the remains of its seven personnel who perished in the air crash that occurred close to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja will be buried at the National Cemetery, Lugbe, Airport Road, Abuja, on Thursday, February 25.
The NAF disclosed this to journalists 0n Wednesday, February 24.
The Air Force Beechcraft KingAir B350i (NAF 201) conveying the military personnel crashed close to the runway of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja after reporting engine failure. A statement by NAF said the seven personnel were on a mission to help secure the release of the abducted Kagara students.
The deceased personnel include;
1. Flight Lieutenant Haruna Gadzama (Captain).
2. Flight Lieutenant Henry Piyo (Co-Pilot).
3. Flying Officer Micheal Okpara (Airborne Tactical Observation System (ATOS) Specialist).
4. Warrant Officer Bassey Etim (ATOS Specialist).
5. Flight Sergeant Olasunkanmi Olawunmi (ATOS Specialist).
6. Sergeant Ugochukwu Oluka (ATOS Specialist).
7. Aircraftman Adewale Johnson (Onboard Technician).