Cristiano Ronaldo following his Completion of his deal with Saudi Arabian league side Al Nassr on Friday has officially become the highest paid footballer on the planet.
Ronaldo became a free agent for just over a month after his contract with Man United was unexpectedly brought to an end in November.
According to CBS Sports reports the entire volume of Ronaldo’s contract with Al Nassr would earn the Portuguese €216m a year.
And once ad revenue are included, the former Real Madrid, Juventus and Sporting Lisbon striker is will lead the pack as the best-paid athlete in the world. A feat which cannot be measured with the €75m per season of Paris Saint-Germain stars, Lionel Messi and Neymar’s €70m.
The list of top 10 highest earners after Ronaldo’s contract from lowest to highest are as follows;
● Kevin De Bruyne (Man City) – $29m
● Andres Iniesta (Vissel Kobe) – $30m
● Eden Hazard (Real Madrid) – $31m
● Robert Lewandowski (FC Barcelona) – $35m
● Erling Haaland (Man City) – $39m
● Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – $53m
● Neymar (PSG) – $87m
● Lionel Messi (PSG) – $110m
● Kylian Mbappé (PSG) $128m
● Cristiano Ronaldo (Al-Nassr) $214m